Online Certificate Programs: Getting Started
Thank you for registering for an NYU Stern Online Certificate Program!
We look forward to your participation.
To help you prepare for the program, please carefully review the information below.
Before accessing this program, you will first need to activate your NYU account. Activation instructions for your login credentials will be provided, however, they are also listed below for your convenience:
- Navigate to start.nyu.edu
- Follow the instructions and use your Date of Birth and NYU IDs (listed in your account activation or course access email, depending upon when you registered - see above) to set your password and activate your account*
*If you encounter any issues while activating your account, please refer to our Troubleshooting Tips section below.
- If you receive the error message "We did not find a match in our records for NetID (Your NetID) with (Your NID) and your entered date of birth (...)" please email us at email@example.com.
- If you have previously been affiliated with NYU and also receive the "We did not find a match in our records for" error message after attempting different DOB variations, you may need to reset your password.
- An NYU affiliation may mean that you have previously taken courses at NYU, been employed at NYU, or submitted an application to one of NYU's schools.
- If one of the above is true, please navigate to the "Reset Password" page of the stern.nyu.edu website and attempt to reset your password. You will need your NetID to do so and can follow the steps to have password reset instructions sent to the email address listed on that webpage.
- If the email address listed on this page is one you no longer have access to, please contact the NYU IT team at AskIT@nyu.edu or by phone at 212-998-3333 for more assistance.
- If you have completed all steps of the activation process and come to a blank page with the error message "Error: Session Error. Please start over.", please try the following tips:
- When entering your answers for the Security Questions step, please refrain from using any special characters (#,$,*, ¿, ¡, etc.) or letters with an accent or tilde (á, é, í, ó, ú, ü, ñ, etc.). Using either of these character types will cause your answers to not be captured and the process to break.
- If you have not used any special characters and you still get a blank page, please try using a different internet browser, clearing your cache and cookies, and using incognito mode to complete this process.
- If you have tried each of the above steps and still encounter an issue, please reach out to the NYU IT Service Desk team at AskIT@nyu.edu or by phone at 212-998-3333.
All courses (except Visualizing Data, Coding in R for Data, and BUNDLE: Coding + Visual Analytics):
These programs do not support mobile devices, including tablets and iPads.
Please review the materials associated with the course you have registered for below (all available digitally):
Please expect to invest the following amount of time per week to course lessons, exercises, and assignments:
Our online certificate courses are asynchronous with optional synchronous elements.
Asynchronous activities are things you do independently, like watch videos and complete assignments, and interactions with others over time via email, discussion forums, collaborative documents, and other channels. Synchronous learning includes interacting with other students and faculty in real time. Our courses are designed by educational experts from our Learning Science Lab to deliver courses that are designed with attention to user experience, learning science, and video production to build immersive digital learning environments for business school education.
Our live online meetups provide you with the opportunity to engage face-to-face with the professor that teaches your course. Please note that all online meetups are recorded and are available for your viewing at a later time. Missing a meetup will not impact your grade, however we recommend attending all sessions.Online Programs Team Support
Throughout the course, you will be able to communicate with your course’s teaching fellow(s) as well as our course support team. You will receive contact information for both in the syllabus of your course.
All of our online courses are non-credit, pass/fail courses. To pass any course, you will need a cumulative score of at least 55%. Upon successful completion of a course, you will receive an NYU Stern Certificate.
Your certificate will be provided by an external vendor and includes a PDF certificate that you can print as well as a digital badge you can include on your LinkedIn profile.
Once you successfully complete the course, you will be invited to join our LinkedIn Alumni Group, where you can continue to network with your classmates and meet those who completed the course before you. You will also qualify for a 15% discount on future online certificate courses.
If you are enrolled in Advanced Valuation or Corporate Finance, you will receive access to our free bonus course, Essentials of Financial Accounting, approximately two weeks prior to the start date of either course. Please note that if you have registered for Advanced Valuation or Corporate Finance within two weeks of the course start date, your access to Essentials of Financial Accounting will be delayed.
This course is taught by Professor Amal Shehata and includes one optional live online meetup that is recorded and available for your viewing at a later time. It is available to participants for the duration of Advanced Valuation and/or Corporate Finance.
Students that participate in this free bonus course will not receive a grade or certificate.
Join Our Mailing List
Stay up to date on new courses, special events, free content and more. Enter your email address below to subscribe.